Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Chapter 7- Visual Perception

Moonlight is not blue?!? What madness... I'm glad someone finally told me though. :) It's interesting how our eyes adapt and function in different light, and how that changes our perceptions. I also enjoyed learning about perception of space and how important it is to soften backgrounds to allow the foreground to be a center of focus. I think it's not only important as well to have color harmony, but also color contrast- as they talk about in this chapter, colors have a great affect on mood. It's not only important to set that mood, but to also provide some color contrast to give emotional balance to the viewer. I feel like I have a lot of painting to do before I can predict the way one color will influence another. That relativity is something I am so amazed by. I think it's pretty incredible how color can influence our mood so much as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment