Thursday, February 19, 2015

Chapter 5- Paint and Pigments


Burnt and Raw Sienna get their names from Siena Italy?!?? My mind is blown! J There were a lot of things I hadn’t thought of before in this chapter. I usually don’t think about how to make my paintings last as long as possible- considering which colors or pigments are most lightfast, or storing them in dark, cool places. I also never considered making pre-painted sky panels for going out and painting landscapes…. That would be super helpful! Also, keeping my paints from drying out by storing them in a glass jar is a great idea! I didn’t realized that you could also  create grays by painting complements on each other in a transparent way that allows light to pass through both. I also like the idea of trying to put all my cool colors consistently on one side of my palette, and the warm colors on the other, to help me differentiate when I’m mixing colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment